Pursue of Wealth
In our relentless pursuit of financial prosperity, we often fall into the trap of equating wealth solely with tangible assets such as money, property, and material possessions.
Unfortunately, this narrow perspective neglects the priceless treasures that define the essence of our existence – intangible wealth.
It is essential to recognize the immense value of intangible elements such as familial bonds, friendships, health, and personal fulfillment, which contribute to genuine happiness and overall well-being.
What is Intangible Wealth?
Contrary to popular belief, wealth encompasses more than just wealth amassed through financial success. Intangible wealth consists of non-physical assets that cannot be quantified in monetary terms.
It encompasses the harmonious relationships we share with our loved ones, the sense of purpose and fulfillment derived from meaningful work, our mental and physical well-being, personal growth, and the memories we create throughout our lives.
Difference between Tangible and Intangible Wealth
While tangible wealth can provide immediate gratification and temporary happiness, it often proves inadequate in sustaining long-term fulfillment.
Material possessions deteriorate, financial markets fluctuate, and external circumstances change. On the other hand, intangible wealth embraces those elements that remain resilient in the face of adversity and form the foundational pillars of personal contentment.
Intangible Wealth in Relationships
One of the most significant dimensions of intangible wealth lies within the realm of relationships. By nurturing sincere friendships, fostering close-knit family ties, and cultivating meaningful connections, we can establish a support network that adds immeasurable value to our lives. Investing time and energy into building strong relationships ultimately leads to a sense of belonging, emotional support, and an enriched perspective on life.
Intangible Wealth and Personal Growth
Another vital aspect of intangible wealth resides in our continuous personal growth and self-actualization. By identifying our passions, goals, and purpose in life, we can set our sights on achieving genuine fulfillment and leaving a lasting positive impact. Engaging in lifelong learning, exploring new experiences, and pushing beyond our comfort zones all contribute to intangible wealth, enriching our lives and broadening our horizons.
Intangible Wealth and Well-Being
A cornerstone of intangible wealth lies in our physical and mental well-being. The state of our health influences our ability to enjoy life’s pleasures, pursue our dreams, and engage fully in relationships. Nurturing our physical health through regular exercise, a balanced diet, and adequate rest is crucial, as is prioritizing our mental well-being through mindfulness practices, stress management techniques, and seeking support when needed.
How to achieve Intangible Wealth?
To achieve true intangible wealth, it is essential to strike a harmonious balance between tangible and intangible resources. While financial stability is necessary, it should not overshadow the pursuit of happiness and fulfillment in relationships, personal growth, and well-being.
Consider the following actions:
- Reassess Your Priorities: Reflect upon your values and identify what truly matters to you beyond material possessions. Emphasize the importance of relationships, personal growth, and well-being in your life.
- Invest in Relationships: Dedicate time and effort to nurture your relationships. Show genuine care, empathy, and appreciation for your loved ones. Create enduring memories and strengthen the bonds that enrich your life.
- Pursue Personal Growth: Explore your passions, set meaningful goals, and commit to lifelong learning. Engage in activities that challenge you and contribute to personal development. Embrace change and embrace the opportunity for continued growth.
- Prioritize Well-Being: Adopt a holistic approach to your well-being by prioritizing both physical and mental health. Incorporate regular exercise, a nutritious diet, and adequate rest into your routine. Cultivate mindfulness practices, seek professional help when needed, and surround yourself with positive influences.
Reminder of Real Life
In our pursuit of wealth, let us not lose sight of the true essence of a fulfilled life.
By recognizing the significance of intangible wealth and incorporating it into our priorities, we can achieve lasting happiness and contentment.
The treasures of family, friends, health, and personal purpose are immeasurable, and by embracing them, we unlock the true meaning of wealth.
Strive for a harmonious balance between tangible and intangible resources, and you will undoubtedly embark on a fulfilling and prosperous journey towards genuine rich and abundant living.
Webull New Clients – Get free money!
- Simply sign up here using my referral and get good money!
Trust Bank New Clients → Free SGD$35 FairPrice Vouchers
- Sign up using referral code KNDBPEPT (Free $10 FairPrice E-Voucher). Key in this code after you download the Trust Bank App from Trust Bank Website
- Receive a S$25 FairPrice E-Voucher from your first card spend as a credit card customer or when you make your first S$500 deposit for Savings account
- Many other attractive vouchers in the app – refresh every month
- No minimum balance account and can earn up to 2.5% for the first 125k
- No foreign transaction fee, great exchange rates when overseas. See my review via Trust Card – Excellent Card for overseas usage.
Rukuten Insights Survey – Free money with little work!
Sign up via Rakuten Insight Surveys!
This is a survey website that pays you to complete surveys. You can earn money by completing surveys on your phone or computer, and there are plenty of them available! I started this survey side gig few months ago around Nov 2023. There are a couple of surveys every few days after you have created your profile.
With a little effort, you can start earning money simply by sharing your opinions. Read my experience via Side Hustle Review – update on how much I have earned after 7 months – Rakuten Insight Surveys
FSMone – Cheap Comms and can transfer your shares to Personal/Joint CDP for Free
I am using FSMOne.com to invest in funds & ETFs (including money market funds). FSM is good due to the low comms and the free transfer from FSMOne to CDP (typically takes less than a week to transfer). If you do not have an account, you can sign up here. Please use my FSMOne referral code: P0413007.
- You can read my experience of how I buy cheaply using FSMOne and then transfer my shares to Joint CDP within few days via $0 Free of Charge Transfer of SGX Shares from FSM to CDP and updates! – Done in less than 3 days!
- I am also using FSMOne as part of my Estate Planning Plan. You can read about this via Simplified Guide to the Key Gist of Grant of Probate and Estate Planning
Eskimo – Best Option for Roaming!
For now, you can get 500MB for free just by signing up with my referral link, no purchase required (I get 500MB only too, but only if you buy a paid plan). Referral code: CHING104915
You can read my review here.
- Battle of Enough VS Spending for Financial Bloggers
- Ultimate Formula for FIRE (Financial Independent, Retire Early)
- Demise of REITs and do you still believe in REITs?
- Dividend Investing is Dangerous
- SSB Bond Ladders
- Simplified Guide to the Key Gist of Grant of Probate and Estate Planning
- Cheapest and best way to trade Singapore Stocks with CDP
- Mastering Dividend Investing: 5 Evergreen Investment Principles
- Unlock Lucrative Returns with IAPD: A High-Yield ETF Providing 7% Annual Yield and Quarterly Payouts
- Unlock Lucrative Returns with SDIV: A High-Yield ETF Providing 11% Annual Yield and Monthly Payouts
- If I am a dividend investor, this is what I would do….
- 7 Things to consider before buy a dividend stock
- 4 Dividend ETFs that can let you sleep well even in the scary bear market
- 5 Best Counters for Passive Dividend Investing
- The Three MOST Important Traits of an Investor
- What is the best investment strategy in the world?
- Ultimate Strategy of buying REITS: XXX instead of X000?
- Ultimate Free 2 Days Reit MasterClass: Exclusive at Careyourpresent.com on
Money just buy you the chance of freedom but can’t buy back time. In life, there is no reset button. Time is limited but money is not.
When you are young and working, you exchange time for money. When you are old, you can have lots of money but you can’t buy time back, especially the things that you have missed (your strong health, time with young child) while busying striking out in career.
Your kids grew up and they no longer need you to accompany them. They no longer want to sit on your lap to share/do things with you…all these time you spent in your 9 to 6 or even longer cubicles…can the money that you have earned by you back these?
We always thought we have more time with our old parents, but we are wrong. Time with them is ticking away every day. One day it will suddenly be gone. There is no regret medicine, no reset in time. Gone is gone and cannot come back. No matter you are billionaires or millionaires, you cannot reset this.
We always thought that we have more time with our spouse every day, but we are wrong. One day they will be gone too. When you read this, please go tell your spouse that you love him/her and he or she is the best thing that you ever had in your life.
Love your life daily. You have one less day with your spouse, parents, children and yourself. Time is ticking away.
Focusing Careyourpresent & living a fulfilling life by supercharging your mind & investment/online income. Careyourpresent Series focus on things that one MUST know in their Life.
- Embracing the Transience: Life Is Short
- Are you one of them?
- Three Pictures to change your Life and Mind
- Live in Present is not easy
- The Best Advice to Parents and Child
- What if Later never come?
- What will you bring with you on your last day on Earth?
- Time is the ultimate currency, not money
- Our Life only have 5 short Days – we should live the best for every day
- Truly understand Living in the Moment now
- 11 Important Unexpected Life and Money lessons to learn from Your Children
- The days are long but the years are short
- Ditch your mobile phone to build real life
- Careyourpresent: Time is the most important
- Careyourpresent: What is your purpose of life?
- Careyourpresent : Greatest Regrets in life
- Careyourpresent : You might not believe it. It’s little unexpected things that make up a real life
- Careyourpresent: Something only happen once in life, if you missed it, it’s gone forever…
- Careyourpresent : Why is Gold useful?
- Careyourpresent: Frozen. Let it go!
More articles can be found here.
For those who are interested in regular updates of my articles, please join the others to sign up for my free newsletter to has my newest blogposts sent to your mailbox for free!
For real time exclusive updates on market news/life (especially Crypto markets where the news move fast, important news will be shared directly via tweets or telegrams), do also join the platforms below and engage with other like-minded people!
- Telegram Group (Chat with me and other like minded people!)
- Telegram Channel (Get the latest updates on the markets/life!)
- RSS Feed
You may also contact me via [email protected].