Important Traits of an Investor
There are many traits that make a person successful in the financial world. Some people are natural born investors, but others have to work hard to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful.
These three traits that I am going to share below should never be compromised in order to survive and prosper in the Investment Realm.
Before I go ahead to share the 3 traits, let me talk a bit about the current market condition. Everyone should know that the market is has not been stable for the past 1 year or so. Most people are suffering investment losses.
Personally, I think this is a bear rally. Of course, bear market rally can go much longer than one think. However, I think the market conditions will worsen, and this could be real soon. Disclaimer: This is the first time in my investing history that I am holding such a unprecedent high amount of cash as war chest to take advantage of any pending crash.
Hence, I thought it will be great to share what I think will be the 3 most important Traits of an Investor in order to be successful in investment. Hope this will remind and get everyone prepared.
Patience is a very important trait because it helps you maintain your composure when things don’t go as planned. You need patience so that you can wait for the right time to make your move and not rush into anything just because you want to get rich quick. Patience also helps you wait for opportunities to arise so that you can take advantage of them when they do come along.
Many investors are impatient – they feel the urge to do something every time when the market opens. He or she must always click the buy/sell button else won’t feel comfortable. Are you one of them?
However, some time doing nothing is the best option. Quoting current market conditions as example, for those who keep buy the dip since early part of the early in Stock Market/Cryptocurrency, ask yourself if you are in profit now?
Courage is the 2nd trait that I want to share. If you can be a patience investor, the next thing that you need is courage when the real time come.
One needs to be brave to click the sell button when everyone is Euphoric (see those who FOMO and enter Crypto last year when BTC was 60k? Many were shouting 1 million for BTC. What is BTC price now? Those who bought US growth stock with 100x multiple earnings ratios saying that everything will keep growing).
One needs to be brave to click the buy button when everyone is panic selling. Did you buy during the 15k HSI Capitulation?
This is really not easy. Are you one of those that panic sell HK stock the day when HSI hit 15k instead of buy? You can refer to the post that I have posted earlier on HSI Capitulation on 24 Oct 2022.
Discipline is another one of those very important traits when it comes to investing because without it there would be no way for anyone to stick with any kind of plan or strategy that they have set up for themselves. Without discipline there would be no way for anyone to stick with any kind of plan or strategy that they have set up for themselves because once you panic buy (FOMO)/panic sell, then you aren’t going to have anything left over for your investments when the time comes, which means that your investments will suffer greatly as a result.
Always remember to stay Discipline, stay on the course based on the plan that you have devised earlier when your mind is cool, without affected by any market conditions. It can be DCA index investing, buy on dip for dividend investing, set target price to buy hot crypto and then quickly sell off before the narrative dies off etc.
Do you have these 3 Important Traits?
These 3 traits are what makes a person successful in the stock market, but it is not easy to find these traits in one person. There are many investors who do not really have these 3 traits, but there are some investors who do have these traits and they are always successful in the stock market. The reason why they are successful is because they possess these 3 traits, and this makes them great investors.
Do you have them? If no, learn and practice and practice and keep practice. No amount of books/coaching can let you have these traits until you truly experience real market conditions with your own money.
Lastly, please remember.
A good investor is the one that won’t panic sell at very bad extreme market condition/capitulation.
A pro investor is the one that can go against own intrinsic desire to sell at very bad extreme market condition/capitulation and press the buy button instead.
Save this picture and keep these 3 Traits in your mind
Good articles that you should read!
People are drawn to dividend investing.
Why? Firstly, dividends provide a regular stream of income, allowing investors to receive a portion of the company’s profits on a periodic basis. This can be particularly attractive for individuals seeking consistent cash flow or looking to supplement their existing income. Additionally, dividend investing is often viewed as a more stable and predictable investment strategy compared to relying solely on capital appreciation.
I always write and share articles, especially on dividends which many people love them. Do read them!
- Simplified Guide to the Key Gist of Grant of Probate and Estate Planning
- Cheapest and best way to trade Singapore Stocks with CDP
- Mastering Dividend Investing: 5 Evergreen Investment Principles
- Unlock Lucrative Returns with IAPD: A High-Yield ETF Providing 7% Annual Yield and Quarterly Payouts
- Unlock Lucrative Returns with SDIV: A High-Yield ETF Providing 11% Annual Yield and Monthly Payouts
- If I am a dividend investor, this is what I would do….
- 7 Things to consider before buy a dividend stock
- 4 Dividend ETFs that can let you sleep well even in the scary bear market
- 5 Best Counters for Passive Dividend Investing
- The Three MOST Important Traits of an Investor
- What is the best investment strategy in the world?
- Ultimate Strategy of buying REITS: XXX instead of X000?
- Ultimate Free 2 Days Reit MasterClass: Exclusive at Careyourpresent.com only!
Alternatively, you can go the right side of my page, there is a search bar where you can simply search “dividend” to see all my articles related to dividends!
Of course, you can search for other things that would interest you such as “Careyourpresent”, “Reits”, “Side Hustles”, “Fixed Incomes”, “Savings” etc.
Money just buy you the chance of freedom.
When you are young and working, you exchange time for money. When you are old, you can have lots of money but you can’t buy time back, especially the things that you have missed while busying striking out in career. Of course, if you love your career, and consciously know that you are missing out the first time your child walk or talk, that’s ok, but if you are the other spectrum, please do something about it.
Your kids grew up and they no longer need you to accompany them. They no longer want to sit on your lap to share/do things with you…all these time you spent in your 9 to 6 or even longer cubicles…can the money that you have earned by you back these?
We always thought we have more time with our old parents, but we are wrong. Time with them is ticking away every day. One day it will suddenly be gone. There is no regret medicine, no reset in time. Gone is gone and cannot come back. No matter you are billionaires or millionaires, you cannot reset this.
We always thought that we have more time with our spouse every day, but we are wrong. One day they will be gone too. When you read this, please go tell your spouse that you love him/her and he or she is the best thing that you ever had in your life.
I have picked out some of the more life reflecting articles of the CAREYOURPRESENT series. Do read them:
- The Best Advice to Parents and Child
- What if Later never come?
- What will you bring with you on your last day on Earth?
- Time is the ultimate currency, not money
- Our Life only have 5 short Days – we should live the best for every day
- Truly understand Living in the Moment now
- 11 Important Unexpected Life and Money lessons to learn from Your Children
- The days are long but the years are short
- Ditch your mobile phone to build real life
- Careyourpresent: Time is the most important
- Careyourpresent: What is your purpose of life?
- Careyourpresent : Greatest Regrets in life
- Careyourpresent : You might not believe it. It’s little unexpected things that make up a real life
- Careyourpresent: Something only happen once in life, if you missed it, it’s gone forever…
- Careyourpresent : Why is Gold useful?
- Careyourpresent: Frozen. Let it go!
Love your life daily.
You have one less day with your spouse, parents, children and yourself.
Time is ticking away.
For each passing day,
Enjoy and Treasure your Life!
For those who are interested in regular updates of my articles, please join the others to sign up for my free newsletter to has my newest blogposts sent to your mailbox for free!
For real time exclusive updates on market news/life (especially Crypto markets where the news move fast, important news will be shared directly via tweets or telegrams), do also join the platforms below and engage with other like-minded people!
- Telegram Group (Chat with me and other like minded people!)
- Telegram Channel (Get the latest updates on the markets/life!)
- RSS Feed
You may also contact me via [email protected].
If you’re looking referral codes, do check out my referral and ebook page. Give it a try and who knows? You might end up loving these platforms! To be absolutely fair to all the readers, I am definitely using all these companies and they are useful to me! Likely will be useful to you too!
At the same referral and ebook page, you can also download my free ebooks and other free resources.
For quick references to these resources, you can see below.
- Ebooks and other useful resources on enhancing productivity (Investment, Excel, Notion etc). Currently most of it are free at this moment (subject to change).
- WeBull: A powerful brokerage with nice free welcome gift. You can refer to my guide here on how to signup! 4 Simple step only! Click here to register a new account!
- MoneyOwl: You can use this 6SHU-93MC to get free grab vouchers and highly safe liquid cash fund account.
- Trust Bank – You will enjoy free FairPrice E-Voucher referral if you sign up via my referral code KNDBPEPT. Simply download the Trust Bank SG App on the App Store or Google Play Store. Tap on “Use referral code” immediately after you start the app and key in: KNDBPEPT
- FSMOne: P0413007. Good account to keep liquid cash in autosweep and to purchase investment at low fee.
- Hostinger: You can use this link for hosting your new website. 20% off hosting!
- Crypto.com: Use my referral link https://crypto.com/app/h92xdfarkq to sign up for Crypto.com and we both get $25 USD 🙂