Many people have balloted for the juicySBDEC22 GX22120S issue as the interest rate is indeed very juicy. The balloting results was out this afternoon at around 3pm and people would get either 14k or 14.5k! if you are a pair of couple of a family, you could get 29k for 3% plus per year for 10 years! That’s a good sum of money to be keep as emergency fund which you can unlock within a period of few days to 1 month. (Disclaimer: I am lucky to be allocated 14.5k whereas my wife 14k. Thus 28.5K as a couple.)
Based on past trend, the allocation rate was about 10k. Through some of the forums, I notice some people wanted to save the interest for 3 days (from last Friday until today), hence they put in 10k only based on past trend. For those who only put in 10k only for the balloting should be regretting now why they never put more. Not to worry, you can try again next month 🙂
What is Singapore Saving Bonds?
For those who are new to this, do consider applying Singapore Saving Bonds for the next issue. Quite likely the interest will be slightly lower based on the current trend but if you’re looking for a safe investment with decent returns, Singapore Saving Bonds is the place to go. You can invest as little as S$500 and get a guaranteed return locked at the time of investment. With the current high interest rate environment, it can go up to 3% or more.
Singapore government-backed saving bond offers a risk-free investment to the investors.
Singapore Savings Bonds are backed by the Singapore Government, so you can rest assured that your investment is safe. In fact, there is no to little risk of losing money when you invest in a Savings Bond.
You can invest as little as SGD$500 in SGD bonds.
SGD bonds are sold in increments of $500. You can invest as little as SGD$500 in Singapore Savings Bonds, and the minimum investment period is three months.
Your money is safe in Singapore Saving Bonds because it is backed by the Singapore Government.
You can be sure that your money is safe in Singapore Savings Bonds. The government is unlikely to default on its debt obligations, go bankrupt and unable to pay back the money it owes. This is because our government has a strong track record of fiscal responsibility. The government has never defaulted on its payments, and neither will they ever do so in future. This means that you can rely on their promise of paying interest every year without any worries of getting less than what you expect or nothing at all like what happened during the 2008 financial crisis when some countries failed to pay back their debts after having borrowed too much money from other banks who themselves were facing bankruptcy due to bad investments.
Singapore Saving Bonds are a great way to invest in Singapore and earn some interest on your money. It is also a good option for those who are more risk adverse but want to save up for their children’s education, or retirement. There are many benefits associated with holding Singapore Saving Bonds such as tax exemptions and access to interest payments without having to sell them before maturity date which means you can reinvest these savings back into another bond if something happens like an emergency fund or other financial goals arise unexpectedly.
Good articles that you should read!
People are drawn to dividend investing.
Why? Firstly, dividends provide a regular stream of income, allowing investors to receive a portion of the company’s profits on a periodic basis. This can be particularly attractive for individuals seeking consistent cash flow or looking to supplement their existing income. Additionally, dividend investing is often viewed as a more stable and predictable investment strategy compared to relying solely on capital appreciation.
I always write and share articles, especially on dividends which many people love them. Do read them!
- Simplified Guide to the Key Gist of Grant of Probate and Estate Planning
- Cheapest and best way to trade Singapore Stocks with CDP
- Mastering Dividend Investing: 5 Evergreen Investment Principles
- Unlock Lucrative Returns with IAPD: A High-Yield ETF Providing 7% Annual Yield and Quarterly Payouts
- Unlock Lucrative Returns with SDIV: A High-Yield ETF Providing 11% Annual Yield and Monthly Payouts
- If I am a dividend investor, this is what I would do….
- 7 Things to consider before buy a dividend stock
- 4 Dividend ETFs that can let you sleep well even in the scary bear market
- 5 Best Counters for Passive Dividend Investing
- The Three MOST Important Traits of an Investor
- What is the best investment strategy in the world?
- Ultimate Strategy of buying REITS: XXX instead of X000?
- Ultimate Free 2 Days Reit MasterClass: Exclusive at Careyourpresent.com only!
Alternatively, you can go the right side of my page, there is a search bar where you can simply search “dividend” to see all my articles related to dividends!
Of course, you can search for other things that would interest you such as “Careyourpresent”, “Reits”, “Side Hustles”, “Fixed Incomes”, “Savings” etc.
Money just buy you the chance of freedom.
When you are young and working, you exchange time for money. When you are old, you can have lots of money but you can’t buy time back, especially the things that you have missed while busying striking out in career. Of course, if you love your career, and consciously know that you are missing out the first time your child walk or talk, that’s ok, but if you are the other spectrum, please do something about it.
Your kids grew up and they no longer need you to accompany them. They no longer want to sit on your lap to share/do things with you…all these time you spent in your 9 to 6 or even longer cubicles…can the money that you have earned by you back these?
We always thought we have more time with our old parents, but we are wrong. Time with them is ticking away every day. One day it will suddenly be gone. There is no regret medicine, no reset in time. Gone is gone and cannot come back. No matter you are billionaires or millionaires, you cannot reset this.
We always thought that we have more time with our spouse every day, but we are wrong. One day they will be gone too. When you read this, please go tell your spouse that you love him/her and he or she is the best thing that you ever had in your life.
I have picked out some of the more life reflecting articles of the CAREYOURPRESENT series. Do read them:
- The Best Advice to Parents and Child
- What if Later never come?
- What will you bring with you on your last day on Earth?
- Time is the ultimate currency, not money
- Our Life only have 5 short Days – we should live the best for every day
- Truly understand Living in the Moment now
- 11 Important Unexpected Life and Money lessons to learn from Your Children
- The days are long but the years are short
- Ditch your mobile phone to build real life
- Careyourpresent: Time is the most important
- Careyourpresent: What is your purpose of life?
- Careyourpresent : Greatest Regrets in life
- Careyourpresent : You might not believe it. It’s little unexpected things that make up a real life
- Careyourpresent: Something only happen once in life, if you missed it, it’s gone forever…
- Careyourpresent : Why is Gold useful?
- Careyourpresent: Frozen. Let it go!
Love your life daily.
You have one less day with your spouse, parents, children and yourself.
Time is ticking away.
For each passing day,
Enjoy and Treasure your Life!
For those who are interested in regular updates of my articles, please join the others to sign up for my free newsletter to has my newest blogposts sent to your mailbox for free!
For real time exclusive updates on market news/life (especially Crypto markets where the news move fast, important news will be shared directly via tweets or telegrams), do also join the platforms below and engage with other like-minded people!
- Telegram Group (Chat with me and other like minded people!)
- Telegram Channel (Get the latest updates on the markets/life!)
- RSS Feed
You may also contact me via [email protected].
If you’re looking referral codes, do check out my referral and ebook page. Give it a try and who knows? You might end up loving these platforms! To be absolutely fair to all the readers, I am definitely using all these companies and they are useful to me! Likely will be useful to you too!
At the same referral and ebook page, you can also download my free ebooks and other free resources.
For quick references to these resources, you can see below.
- Ebooks and other useful resources on enhancing productivity (Investment, Excel, Notion etc). Currently most of it are free at this moment (subject to change).
- WeBull: A powerful brokerage with nice free welcome gift. You can refer to my guide here on how to signup! 4 Simple step only! Click here to register a new account!
- MoneyOwl: You can use this 6SHU-93MC to get free grab vouchers and highly safe liquid cash fund account.
- Trust Bank – You will enjoy free FairPrice E-Voucher referral if you sign up via my referral code KNDBPEPT. Simply download the Trust Bank SG App on the App Store or Google Play Store. Tap on “Use referral code” immediately after you start the app and key in: KNDBPEPT
- FSMOne: P0413007. Good account to keep liquid cash in autosweep and to purchase investment at low fee.
- Hostinger: You can use this link for hosting your new website. 20% off hosting!
- Crypto.com: Use my referral link https://crypto.com/app/h92xdfarkq to sign up for Crypto.com and we both get $25 USD 🙂