Cryptocurrency is a hot topic right now and it has people talking. But what is cryptocurrency, and why do we need it? In this article, we’ll answer all of your questions about the new age currency. We will also tell you how to buy cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin with ease!
If you want to know about cryptocurrency, read this article.
If you want to know about cryptocurrency, read this article.
If you are thinking of investing in cryptocurrency, this guide is for you. It will cover everything from the basics of what a cryptocurrency is to why it’s important and how to invest in them.
If you’re new to cryptocurrencies, or if all the buzz around Bitcoin makes your head spin, then this guide will help clear up some common misconceptions and give you a solid foundation on which to build your knowledge base.
What is cryptocurrency and why is it so important?
While you may have heard of cryptocurrency, it’s still new to many people. So what is cryptocurrency? Cryptocurrency is digital currency that uses encryption to verify transactions. The first form of digital currency was Bitcoin, which was released in 2009 and became the first decentralized cryptocurrency. Bitcoin uses a blockchain to verify transactions and make sure that no double-spending can occur (where someone spends money twice). Other forms of cryptocurrencies were created after Bitcoin such as Etherium.
Cryptocurrency has revolutionized how we transact with each other by allowing people to send payments directly from one person to another without needing an intermediary such as PayPal or your bank account number.
Cryptocurrency is a new way to transact that has been revolutionary to many people.
Cryptocurrency is a new way to transact that has been revolutionary to many people. Cryptocurrency has the potential to change the world as we know it, and it’s important for everyone to know what cryptocurrency is and how it can be used in their lives.
The first thing you should know about cryptocurrency is that it’s a new way of doing things. Cryptocurrency differs from normal currency in that it exists only on the internet and isn’t backed by any government or bank, making it an independent currency system not controlled by any one institution or authority.
Cryptocurrency can be used as money because users can buy goods with it, sell services for it, or exchange them for other currencies such as US dollars at an exchange rate set by supply and demand for each particular coin (Bitcoin). The most popular cryptocurrencies are Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Litecoin (LTC) which have gained popularity among investors since they were created back in 2009 when Bitcoin was first launched by its anonymous creator Satoshi Nakamoto who remains anonymous today despite being worth over $10 billion USD according to Forbes Magazine estimates!
A Short History of Money, Or Why Bitcoin Matters
Money has been around for thousands of years, but it’s changed over time. Money was once a physical thing—a gold coin or a stack of silver coins. But now money is digital. We use credit cards and debit cards to pay for things instead of carrying cash around in our pockets. Cryptocurrency—the latest form of money—takes this idea even further: it’s not just digital, but also decentralized and encrypted, so that no one can control it except the people who use it (and maybe criminals). The first successful cryptocurrency is Bitcoin, which was introduced in 2009 by an anonymous person who called himself Satoshi Nakamoto (probably not his real name). Since its launch, more than 2200 different types have been created! You can also read about Bitcoin Dominance via this page that I have written previously.
Understanding the blockchain
To understand what blockchain is, you have to first know what it does. Blockchain is a decentralized ledger that enables anyone on the network to access the database and add data to it. It’s basically a public ledger that contains records of all transactions that have ever taken place within the network in chronological order. This allows for transparency and accountability since everyone can see what information has been added to the database and who added it.
Finally, blockchain technology makes records permanent in an immutable manner by having each block refer back to its previous block in order for any changes made within one block not to be included in another one (as would happen with regular databases). Each block has its own unique identifier which makes them more secure than traditional databases because they can’t be hacked into once they are created; they are only accessible via private keys which only those who created them will know how too find out how too get this information without someone else knowing about your secret key codes!
What are the benefits of cryptocurrency?
Cryptocurrency is by far the best and most secure way to transact money, especially if you are looking to buy or sell things online. It’s anonymous, fast, cheap and completely decentralized.
Before we dive into the details of how cryptocurrency works, let’s take a look at its benefits:
- It’s fast and cheap: Cryptocurrency transactions happen almost instantly compared to other payment methods such as PayPal which can take up to three days for confirmation. There are no middlemen involved in a transaction either so there aren’t any fees associated with using it. The fee for using Bitcoin as an example is less than half of what PayPal charges (0 BTC vs 2%+).
- It’s anonymous: Unless you want people knowing who you are when buying something on Amazon or eBay then crypto provides complete anonymity when making purchases online. You don’t need any personal information apart from an address where they can send funds when purchasing something off someone else through blockchain technology – the same technology used within cryptocurrencies themselves! This makes it perfect for businesses who want to keep their personal information safe while still being able to accept payments through these platforms without fear of getting hacked.
Types of Cryptocurrencies
There are many types of cryptocurrencies, and they are all different in their structure and purpose. Cryptocurrencies can be divided into three distinct categories:
- Currencies (such as Bitcoin)
- Platforms (such as Ethereum)
- Privacy Coins
Previously I have written an article on this too. You may wish to read more to learn more.
Terminologies in Cryptocurrency
There are many terminologies in Cryptocurrency, for those who are new to this, you may wish to read about this in my previous article below.
How to buy Cryptocurrency
There are a few different ways to buy cryptocurrency. The most common way is through a centralized exchange, and you can use fiat money, credit cards, bank transfers, or wire transfers.
If you want to buy cryptocurrency using fiat currency (USD, CAD etc.), simply find an exchange that accepts your local currency. Coinbase supports USD and Euros for example but if you live somewhere else like Australia or Europe then there may be other options available for purchasing your first coins. When buying with fiat currencies on an exchange remember that it can take several hours for the funds to show up in your account depending on how busy things are at both ends of the transaction – so don’t panic if they don’t immediately appear!
Given the current FUDs (fear, uncertainty, doubt) about centralized exchange, such as the recent collapse about FTX and the bear market of Cryptocurrency, please put your precious crypto coins into hardware wallets. However, the concepts of Crypto Wallets may be very difficult to be understood by many people, including those who already know how to buy and owned Cryptocurrency. I have previously created an Indepth post to explain hard/cold wallets and how it works. Please read the guide below.
For those who want to start without the hardware wallet but would like to create one wallet for free to try. You may wish to consider Metamask – the most common wallet used in Cryptocurrency for now, especially for interacting with the DeFi site. You may wish to refer to my guide below.
The future of cryptocurrency.
The future of cryptocurrency is still unclear. Cryptocurrency is a new way to transact that has been revolutionary for many people, but the market is uncertain. There will be more innovation in the cryptocurrency space and it will continue to grow and evolve from here on out. Cryptocurrency will eventually become mainstream and become a part of our everyday lives, just like debit cards and credit cards are today.
However, if you are looking from investment point of view, I would strongly support to DCA into Bitcoin and Ethereum (King and Queen of Crypto), the future potential is enormous! Bitcoin is like physical gold whereas Ethereum is the main mode of transaction.
A summary of the entire article
Cryptocurrency is a digital currency that uses cryptography to secure transactions and control the creation of new units. There are many different types of cryptocurrencies, but the most popular ones are Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Cryptocurrency is often called a “digital currency” or “virtual currency”, but those terms can be misleading since they don’t actually refer to any specific type of money. Instead, cryptocurrency should be considered as an asset class like stocks or bonds that you can buy and sell on exchanges (like shares on a stock market). Cryptocurrency does not exist in physical form; rather it exists only as records of transactions stored on blockchain networks distributed across the internet. Therefore if someone asks you for some cash so that he/she can buy some Bitcoins from you—please don’t do it!
We hope this article has helped you gain a deeper understanding of the world of cryptocurrency. What started as an idea has now become a revolutionary way to transact that is changing the way we think about money. Whether you want to invest in this new technology or ride its wave, we encourage you to educate yourself on the topic and make sure that your decision is informed by facts rather than hype.
For more information/latest trends of Cryptocurrency, the best free solution would be Twitter. Do follow my telegram group and twitter for the latest update too. You can also refer to the Cryptocurrency content that I will be regularly creating under this page https://careyourpresent.com/category/crypto/. You can find shortcut to this page via the top menu bar of my site under “Finance Tips” (see screenshot below) too.
Good articles that you should read!
People are drawn to dividend investing.
Why? Firstly, dividends provide a regular stream of income, allowing investors to receive a portion of the company’s profits on a periodic basis. This can be particularly attractive for individuals seeking consistent cash flow or looking to supplement their existing income. Additionally, dividend investing is often viewed as a more stable and predictable investment strategy compared to relying solely on capital appreciation.
I always write and share articles, especially on dividends which many people love them. Do read them!
- Simplified Guide to the Key Gist of Grant of Probate and Estate Planning
- Cheapest and best way to trade Singapore Stocks with CDP
- Mastering Dividend Investing: 5 Evergreen Investment Principles
- Unlock Lucrative Returns with IAPD: A High-Yield ETF Providing 7% Annual Yield and Quarterly Payouts
- Unlock Lucrative Returns with SDIV: A High-Yield ETF Providing 11% Annual Yield and Monthly Payouts
- If I am a dividend investor, this is what I would do….
- 7 Things to consider before buy a dividend stock
- 4 Dividend ETFs that can let you sleep well even in the scary bear market
- 5 Best Counters for Passive Dividend Investing
- The Three MOST Important Traits of an Investor
- What is the best investment strategy in the world?
- Ultimate Strategy of buying REITS: XXX instead of X000?
- Ultimate Free 2 Days Reit MasterClass: Exclusive at Careyourpresent.com only!
Alternatively, you can go the right side of my page, there is a search bar where you can simply search “dividend” to see all my articles related to dividends!
Of course, you can search for other things that would interest you such as “Careyourpresent”, “Reits”, “Side Hustles”, “Fixed Incomes”, “Savings” etc.
Money just buy you the chance of freedom.
When you are young and working, you exchange time for money. When you are old, you can have lots of money but you can’t buy time back, especially the things that you have missed while busying striking out in career. Of course, if you love your career, and consciously know that you are missing out the first time your child walk or talk, that’s ok, but if you are the other spectrum, please do something about it.
Your kids grew up and they no longer need you to accompany them. They no longer want to sit on your lap to share/do things with you…all these time you spent in your 9 to 6 or even longer cubicles…can the money that you have earned by you back these?
We always thought we have more time with our old parents, but we are wrong. Time with them is ticking away every day. One day it will suddenly be gone. There is no regret medicine, no reset in time. Gone is gone and cannot come back. No matter you are billionaires or millionaires, you cannot reset this.
We always thought that we have more time with our spouse every day, but we are wrong. One day they will be gone too. When you read this, please go tell your spouse that you love him/her and he or she is the best thing that you ever had in your life.
I have picked out some of the more life reflecting articles of the CAREYOURPRESENT series. Do read them:
- The Best Advice to Parents and Child
- What if Later never come?
- What will you bring with you on your last day on Earth?
- Time is the ultimate currency, not money
- Our Life only have 5 short Days – we should live the best for every day
- Truly understand Living in the Moment now
- 11 Important Unexpected Life and Money lessons to learn from Your Children
- The days are long but the years are short
- Ditch your mobile phone to build real life
- Careyourpresent: Time is the most important
- Careyourpresent: What is your purpose of life?
- Careyourpresent : Greatest Regrets in life
- Careyourpresent : You might not believe it. It’s little unexpected things that make up a real life
- Careyourpresent: Something only happen once in life, if you missed it, it’s gone forever…
- Careyourpresent : Why is Gold useful?
- Careyourpresent: Frozen. Let it go!
Love your life daily.
You have one less day with your spouse, parents, children and yourself.
Time is ticking away.
For each passing day,
Enjoy and Treasure your Life!
For those who are interested in regular updates of my articles, please join the others to sign up for my free newsletter to has my newest blogposts sent to your mailbox for free!
For real time exclusive updates on market news/life (especially Crypto markets where the news move fast, important news will be shared directly via tweets or telegrams), do also join the platforms below and engage with other like-minded people!
- Telegram Group (Chat with me and other like minded people!)
- Telegram Channel (Get the latest updates on the markets/life!)
- RSS Feed
You may also contact me via [email protected].
If you’re looking referral codes, do check out my referral and ebook page. Give it a try and who knows? You might end up loving these platforms! To be absolutely fair to all the readers, I am definitely using all these companies and they are useful to me! Likely will be useful to you too!
At the same referral and ebook page, you can also download my free ebooks and other free resources.
For quick references to these resources, you can see below.
- Ebooks and other useful resources on enhancing productivity (Investment, Excel, Notion etc). Currently most of it are free at this moment (subject to change).
- WeBull: A powerful brokerage with nice free welcome gift. You can refer to my guide here on how to signup! 4 Simple step only! Click here to register a new account!
- MoneyOwl: You can use this 6SHU-93MC to get free grab vouchers and highly safe liquid cash fund account.
- Trust Bank – You will enjoy free FairPrice E-Voucher referral if you sign up via my referral code KNDBPEPT. Simply download the Trust Bank SG App on the App Store or Google Play Store. Tap on “Use referral code” immediately after you start the app and key in: KNDBPEPT
- FSMOne: P0413007. Good account to keep liquid cash in autosweep and to purchase investment at low fee.
- Hostinger: You can use this link for hosting your new website. 20% off hosting!
- Crypto.com: Use my referral link https://crypto.com/app/h92xdfarkq to sign up for Crypto.com and we both get $25 USD 🙂