There was a minor red last night after FOMC meeting – no crash yet but FED still raise rate by 50 basis points, taking the borrowing rate to a targeted range between 4.25% and 4.5%, the highest level in 15 years. 2023 Terminal rate = 5.1% (5.0%-5.25%)
Higher Debts Instruments
Those holding higher Debts instruments such as Reits or company that is highly geared should still be careful. Now is the market bear rally thinking FED will pivot. CPI now is 7.1% but the terminal rate is 2%, very far from now.
I think the real picture will come during the next report seasons – we will see how far the interest affects the earnings of the companies. As saying goes, its only when the tide goes out, then we will see who swimming is naked.
Quite likely the rate hikes etc won’t affect the market much as of now, but the earnings or any sudden black swan (collapse of big companies due to poor earnings in recessions etc or any unexpected events) might. Do be careful and plan well.
Technical Points of view
From TA point of view, S&P 500 possible upside to test 4300 first or sell off to break below 3500. Daily chart shows higher highs and higher low whereas weekly charts show lower highs and lower lows.
There are lots of FUDs information about Binance for the past few days. Quite likely this will make Binance stronger, showing that they can make it through the current stress test. However, for those who are concern/worry, do consider putting your coins in hard wallet. Ultimately, not your wallet, not your coins.
In my view, market will come down, but the question is when. My sense is that it will be soon. Plan and pace your buy, keep your job, lock up your emergency funds somewhere in high yielding accounts, SSB, treasury yields, MMF etc.
Remember to only buy companies/cryptos that pass your sleep test. Stay safe everyone!
Thanks for reading my article. I truly appreciate that you have visited my site!
If you have any comments about this article or have any other topics that you want me to cover in my site, please feel free to leave a comment at the end. Thanks!
For those who are interested in my articles, please join the others to sign up for my free newsletter to has my newest blogposts sent to your mailbox for free!
For real time exclusive updates on market news/life (especially Crypto markets where the news move fast, important news will be shared directly via tweets or telegrams), do also join the platforms below and engage with other like-minded people!
- Telegram Group (Chat with me and other like minded people!)
- Telegram Channel (Get the latest updates on the markets/life!)
- RSS Feed
You may also contact me via [email protected].
If you’re looking referral codes, do check out my referral and ebook page. Give it a try and who knows? You might end up loving these platforms! To be absolutely fair to all the readers, I am definitely using all these companies and they are useful to me! Likely will be useful to you too!
At the same referral and ebook page, you can also download my free ebooks and other free resources:
For quick references to these resources, you can see below.
- Ebooks and other useful resources on enhancing productivity (Investment, Excel, Notion etc). Currently most of it are free at this moment (subject to change).
- MoneyOwl: You can use this 6SHU-93MC to get free grab vouchers and highly safe liquid cash fund account.
- Trust Bank – a new digital bank. A unique partnership backed by Standard Chartered Bank and FairPrice Group. You can get free bank account with no minimal balance and credit card with no annual fee ever. KNDBPEPT.
- FSMOne: P0413007. Good account to keep liquid cash in autosweep and to purchase investment at low fee.
- Hostinger: You can use this link for hosting your new website.
- Crypto.com: Use my referral link https://crypto.com/app/h92xdfarkq to sign up for Crypto.com and we both get $25 USD 🙂
1 thought on “Market updates: Are you feeling FOMO now?”