I take inspiration to write this article from the recent posts of sg finance bloggers who goes back to work despite FIRE. Few examples,
Christ from Tree of Prosperity despite FIRE (Financial Independent, Retire Early) very early (likely with huge buffers) shared in his recent post that he went back to legal work.
Happyreitinvestor FIRE but he went on to explore real-estate business.
Financial Independent, Retire Early
When people talk about financial independence and early retirement, they usually focus on the benefits of having more free time in your life. While this is true, it’s not the only benefit that comes with achieving financial independence. It also gives you the freedom to choose how you want to live your life without having to worry about money as much as before you achieved it.
Financial independence gives you the freedom to choose how you want to live your life without having to worry about money as much as before you achieved it.
Financial independence gives you the freedom to choose how you want to live your life without having to worry about money as much as before you achieved it. When you are financially independent, you can do whatever you want with your time. Some of the things that people choose to do include:
- Spending more time with family and friends
- Traveling more
- Spending more time on hobbies and interests
Achieving financial independence at an early age gives people more time to pursue hobbies, volunteer, or find other meaningful work in retirement.
Financial independence is a choice, and one that many people make to pursue their interests and passions. Achieving financial independence at an early age gives people more time to pursue hobbies, volunteer, or find other meaningful work in retirement. Financial independence makes pursuing those interests less of a burden because there’s no longer the need to work just for the sake of paying bills or having money coming in each month.
Financial independence is also beneficial because it allows you to take advantage of opportunities when they arise without worrying about how much they pay you or whether they could jeopardize your financial freedom. An opportunity may come along that would allow you to travel around the world—and if something like this presents itself now that you don’t have full-time employment obligations then taking it might be ideal for your own happiness as well as future earnings potential (because working abroad increases skill set).
The main reason people say they don’t want to be retired is because they would be bored.
There are a lot of people who say they don’t want to retire because they would be bored. I know that feeling all too well. Boredom is one of the biggest reasons why people don’t like their jobs, but we can be bored at home as well. The difference is that at home we have the time and space to think about what’s missing from our lives, whereas work often fills up our schedules so much that it leaves no room for self-reflection or reflection on life goals and aspirations.
So what can you do? You need something new, something different – and perhaps even challenging! Just as you wouldn’t want your kids (if you have children) sitting around watching TV all day long instead of going outside playing sports or learning how to play an instrument, you shouldn’t let yourself get bored either! Here are some ideas:
- Join a book club
- Make more friends
- Take up photography (or any other hobby)
- Learn how to cook new foods or make better versions of your favorite dishes
- Spend more time with family
Your brain benefits from engaging in challenging activities.
Your brain benefits from engaging in challenging activities. The human brain is designed to learn, solve problems, and grow. It is like a muscle that needs exercise to stay healthy and active. When you challenge your mind with new tasks and activities, it strengthens itself for future tasks.
When you are working on a project that requires creativity or problem solving, your brain releases dopamine which is the same chemical released when you eat chocolate or have sex! This makes us feel good about accomplishing something difficult; it’s how we know we are doing something right!
Working after reaching financial independence is a choice that allows you to continue earning income without worrying about how much you need to make to retire comfortably.
Financially independent and still working? I’m glad you asked!
Working after reaching financial independence is a choice that allows you to continue earning income without worrying about how much you need to make to retire comfortably. It doesn’t mean your retirement goals have changed or that your plan has shifted, but it can be an enjoyable way to feel productive and give back at the same time.
This may also mean stay connected with society—and help others in the society by giving back through contributing to the workforce. Of course, some FIRE but still has some innate worry about not enough money due to sudden expected condition etc…
Mental challenges help keep the brain sharp and stay alert.
As you can see, being financially independent is not a bad thing. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Being financially independent allows you to experience many more opportunities that you may have missed out on in the past. Not only will you be able to travel and learn more about yourself, but your brain will also stay sharp and alert as well! The key is to challenge yourself mentally by doing things such as reading books or going on adventures.
It’s important to remember that financial independence doesn’t mean you have to stop working. Instead, it gives you the freedom to choose how much time and money you want to spend on your career. This is especially true if you’re just starting out in life or want more time for family members and friends before retiring.
Good articles that you should read!
People are drawn to dividend investing.
Why? Firstly, dividends provide a regular stream of income, allowing investors to receive a portion of the company’s profits on a periodic basis. This can be particularly attractive for individuals seeking consistent cash flow or looking to supplement their existing income. Additionally, dividend investing is often viewed as a more stable and predictable investment strategy compared to relying solely on capital appreciation.
I always write and share articles, especially on dividends which many people love them. Do read them!
- Simplified Guide to the Key Gist of Grant of Probate and Estate Planning
- Cheapest and best way to trade Singapore Stocks with CDP
- Mastering Dividend Investing: 5 Evergreen Investment Principles
- Unlock Lucrative Returns with IAPD: A High-Yield ETF Providing 7% Annual Yield and Quarterly Payouts
- Unlock Lucrative Returns with SDIV: A High-Yield ETF Providing 11% Annual Yield and Monthly Payouts
- If I am a dividend investor, this is what I would do….
- 7 Things to consider before buy a dividend stock
- 4 Dividend ETFs that can let you sleep well even in the scary bear market
- 5 Best Counters for Passive Dividend Investing
- The Three MOST Important Traits of an Investor
- What is the best investment strategy in the world?
- Ultimate Strategy of buying REITS: XXX instead of X000?
- Ultimate Free 2 Days Reit MasterClass: Exclusive at Careyourpresent.com only!
Alternatively, you can go the right side of my page, there is a search bar where you can simply search “dividend” to see all my articles related to dividends!
Of course, you can search for other things that would interest you such as “Careyourpresent”, “Reits”, “Side Hustles”, “Fixed Incomes”, “Savings” etc.
Money just buy you the chance of freedom.
When you are young and working, you exchange time for money. When you are old, you can have lots of money but you can’t buy time back, especially the things that you have missed while busying striking out in career. Of course, if you love your career, and consciously know that you are missing out the first time your child walk or talk, that’s ok, but if you are the other spectrum, please do something about it.
Your kids grew up and they no longer need you to accompany them. They no longer want to sit on your lap to share/do things with you…all these time you spent in your 9 to 6 or even longer cubicles…can the money that you have earned by you back these?
We always thought we have more time with our old parents, but we are wrong. Time with them is ticking away every day. One day it will suddenly be gone. There is no regret medicine, no reset in time. Gone is gone and cannot come back. No matter you are billionaires or millionaires, you cannot reset this.
We always thought that we have more time with our spouse every day, but we are wrong. One day they will be gone too. When you read this, please go tell your spouse that you love him/her and he or she is the best thing that you ever had in your life.
I have picked out some of the more life reflecting articles of the CAREYOURPRESENT series. Do read them:
- The Best Advice to Parents and Child
- What if Later never come?
- What will you bring with you on your last day on Earth?
- Time is the ultimate currency, not money
- Our Life only have 5 short Days – we should live the best for every day
- Truly understand Living in the Moment now
- 11 Important Unexpected Life and Money lessons to learn from Your Children
- The days are long but the years are short
- Ditch your mobile phone to build real life
- Careyourpresent: Time is the most important
- Careyourpresent: What is your purpose of life?
- Careyourpresent : Greatest Regrets in life
- Careyourpresent : You might not believe it. It’s little unexpected things that make up a real life
- Careyourpresent: Something only happen once in life, if you missed it, it’s gone forever…
- Careyourpresent : Why is Gold useful?
- Careyourpresent: Frozen. Let it go!
Love your life daily.
You have one less day with your spouse, parents, children and yourself.
Time is ticking away.
For each passing day,
Enjoy and Treasure your Life!
For those who are interested in regular updates of my articles, please join the others to sign up for my free newsletter to has my newest blogposts sent to your mailbox for free!
For real time exclusive updates on market news/life (especially Crypto markets where the news move fast, important news will be shared directly via tweets or telegrams), do also join the platforms below and engage with other like-minded people!
- Telegram Group (Chat with me and other like minded people!)
- Telegram Channel (Get the latest updates on the markets/life!)
- RSS Feed
You may also contact me via [email protected].
If you’re looking referral codes, do check out my referral and ebook page. Give it a try and who knows? You might end up loving these platforms! To be absolutely fair to all the readers, I am definitely using all these companies and they are useful to me! Likely will be useful to you too!
At the same referral and ebook page, you can also download my free ebooks and other free resources.
For quick references to these resources, you can see below.
- Ebooks and other useful resources on enhancing productivity (Investment, Excel, Notion etc). Currently most of it are free at this moment (subject to change).
- WeBull: A powerful brokerage with nice free welcome gift. You can refer to my guide here on how to signup! 4 Simple step only! Click here to register a new account!
- MoneyOwl: You can use this 6SHU-93MC to get free grab vouchers and highly safe liquid cash fund account.
- Trust Bank – You will enjoy free FairPrice E-Voucher referral if you sign up via my referral code KNDBPEPT. Simply download the Trust Bank SG App on the App Store or Google Play Store. Tap on “Use referral code” immediately after you start the app and key in: KNDBPEPT
- FSMOne: P0413007. Good account to keep liquid cash in autosweep and to purchase investment at low fee.
- Hostinger: You can use this link for hosting your new website. 20% off hosting!
- Crypto.com: Use my referral link https://crypto.com/app/h92xdfarkq to sign up for Crypto.com and we both get $25 USD 🙂