Ultimate currency of life
Although I write finance things most of the time like other finance bloggers, but I am slightly differently. Time to time, I also write some philosophical (or to some, it’s bullshit, talk too much stories with no value since I am not talking about money) article to remind myself and everyone life itself is the end goal, not money. Don’t just pursue money and forgot about life itself.
Let me write something about time and money today.
Money of Freedom
Money just buy you the chance of freedom. When you are young and working, you exchange time for money. When you are old, you can have lots of money but you can’t buy time back, especially the things that you have missed while busying striking out in career. Of course, if you love your career, and consciously know that you are missing out the first time your child walk or talk, that’s ok, but if you are the other spectrum, please do something about it.
What is time?
Time is a currency that is equally distributed to every person on earth, and yet it is one that we often take for granted. While we may strive to accumulate wealth and material possessions, time is the one resource that we cannot buy from anyone and anywhere. It is finite and fleeting, and once it’s gone, we can never get it back. This is why time is considered the ultimate currency, and why it’s important to use it wisely.
Value of time
To truly understand the value of time, we must first consider the nature of money. Money is a currency that can be exchanged for goods and services, and it’s often seen as a measure of success or achievement. We work hard to earn money, and we use it to buy the things that we need and want. However, while money can buy us material possessions, it cannot buy us time. But many don’t understand this and just pursue more and more money.
Time, on the other hand, is a resource that is not finite. We are given a certain amount of time in our lives, and we can choose how we spend it. When you are a baby, you are a time billionaire. As you grow up, you will has less and less time. One day suddenly, you will run out of time. Hence, time is an asset that we should all strive to use wisely, as it’s the one resource that we cannot replenish once it’s gone.
In pursue of money, we might have these regrets
In our relentless pursue of money, success in life, we might lots of regrets.
Since now is the Era of AI, I have asked CHATGPT to give me two things:
1. 20 Regrets of life
- Traveling to a dream destination
- Pursuing a lifelong passion or dream
- Telling someone how you really feel about them
- Spending more time with loved ones
- Forgiving someone who wronged you
- Trying a new hobby or activity
- Standing up for yourself or others when it mattered most
- Resolving a long-standing conflict with a friend or family member
- Apologizing for past mistakes and making amends
- Taking risks and stepping outside of your comfort zone
- Exploring different cultures and ways of life
- Learning a new language or skill
- Taking care of your physical and mental health
- Embracing your true identity and being true to yourself
- Building deeper connections with friends and acquaintances
- Helping those in need and making a positive impact on the world
- Taking a chance on love and relationships
- Leaving a job or situation that makes you unhappy
- Expressing gratitude and appreciation to those who have helped you
- Living life without regrets, and doing everything you can to create a fulfilling and meaningful existence.
20 Last Time with your fast growing kids
- The last time they fit in your lap.
- The last time they need help tying their shoes.
- The last time they call you “mommy” or “daddy”.
- The last time you rock them to sleep.
- The last time they believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.
- The last time they ask for your permission to do something.
- The last time they bring home a crayon drawing from school.
- The last time you push them in a stroller.
- The last time they crawl into bed with you in the morning.
- The last time they need you to help them with their homework.
- The last time you watch their favorite TV show together.
- The last time you hold their hand while crossing the street.
- The last time you give them a bath.
- The last time you read them a bedtime story.
- The last time they wear a costume for Halloween.
- The last time they make a wish and blow out birthday candles.
- The last time you attend a parent-teacher conference for them.
- The last time you pack their school lunch.
- The last time you tuck them in at night.
- The last time you kiss them goodbye before they head off to school.
Do you have any of the above?
I am 40 years old now, if I am lucky, 50% to the end of my life assuming 80 years old. Time is fast running out.
For me on the 20 Regrets of life, I am currently guilty of 2, 4, 10, 11, 14, 18 and 20. 7 out of 20 regrets now. I will aim and hope to erase all these regrets before I am gone from Mother Earth.
For the 20 Last Time with your fast growing kids, I already missed some of time and some of it will be gone soon. Example, my elder kid don’t hug us to sleep anymore, don’t let us carry anymore, don’t need us to bathe him anymore, don’t bug us anymore for small little things, he can be alone, don’t need people to accompany…is growing up very fast. My 2nd kid still need all these, but soon will be gone. Hence, we want to treasure every moment.
What about you? It’s not too late to think about it now. Of course the above are not the full list. Have your own list and checked them as you achieve it in your life. No matter how busy you are, stop, think what you want in life so that you won’t regret too much later. Time cannot be turned back no matter how regretful you are one day.
Don’t forget to get free money!
Anyway, don’t forget to get free money too. Some of the readers applied at the last minute for the last month and didn’t get the S$0.01 to earn US$50 to US$500 last month with minimum guarantee amount of US$50. Now they need to use $100 and get lesser guaranteed minimum rewards (US$18) but possibility/chance of getting higher rewards. You can read more about it here.
Good articles that you should read!
People are drawn to dividend investing.
Why? Firstly, dividends provide a regular stream of income, allowing investors to receive a portion of the company’s profits on a periodic basis. This can be particularly attractive for individuals seeking consistent cash flow or looking to supplement their existing income. Additionally, dividend investing is often viewed as a more stable and predictable investment strategy compared to relying solely on capital appreciation.
I always write and share articles, especially on dividends which many people love them. Do read them!
- Unlock Lucrative Returns with IAPD: A High-Yield ETF Providing 7% Annual Yield and Quarterly Payouts
- Unlock Lucrative Returns with SDIV: A High-Yield ETF Providing 11% Annual Yield and Monthly Payouts
- If I am a dividend investor, this is what I would do….
- 7 Things to consider before buy a dividend stock
- 4 Dividend ETFs that can let you sleep well even in the scary bear market
- 5 Best Counters for Passive Dividend Investing
- The Three MOST Important Traits of an Investor
- What is the best investment strategy in the world?
- Ultimate Strategy of buying REITS: XXX instead of X000?
- Ultimate Free 2 Days Reit MasterClass: Exclusive at Careyourpresent.com only!
Alternatively, you can go the right side of my page, there is a search bar where you can simply search “dividend” to see all my articles related to dividends!
Of course, you can search for other things that would interest you such as “Careyourpresent”, “Reits”, “Side Hustles”, “Fixed Incomes”, “Savings” etc.
Money just buy you the chance of freedom.
When you are young and working, you exchange time for money. When you are old, you can have lots of money but you can’t buy time back, especially the things that you have missed while busying striking out in career. Of course, if you love your career, and consciously know that you are missing out the first time your child walk or talk, that’s ok, but if you are the other spectrum, please do something about it.
Your kids grew up and they no longer need you to accompany them. They no longer want to sit on your lap to share/do things with you…all these time you spent in your 9 to 6 or even longer cubicles…can the money that you have earned by you back these?
We always thought we have more time with our old parents, but we are wrong. Time with them is ticking away every day. One day it will suddenly be gone. There is no regret medicine, no reset in time. Gone is gone and cannot come back. No matter you are billionaires or millionaires, you cannot reset this.
We always thought that we have more time with our spouse every day, but we are wrong. One day they will be gone too. When you read this, please go tell your spouse that you love him/her and he or she is the best thing that you ever had in your life.
I have picked out some of the more life reflecting articles of the CAREYOURPRESENT series. Do read them:
- What will you bring with you on your last day on Earth?
- Time is the ultimate currency, not money
- Our Life only have 5 short Days – we should live the best for every day
- Truly understand Living in the Moment now
- 11 Important Unexpected Life and Money lessons to learn from Your Children
- The days are long but the years are short
- Ditch your mobile phone to build real life
- Careyourpresent: Time is the most important
- Careyourpresent: What is your purpose of life?
- Careyourpresent : Greatest Regrets in life
- Careyourpresent : You might not believe it. It’s little unexpected things that make up a real life
- Careyourpresent: Something only happen once in life, if you missed it, it’s gone forever…
- Careyourpresent : Why is Gold useful?
- Careyourpresent: Frozen. Let it go!
You can read more about my articles on Careyourpresent via the Category “Careyourpresent” or simply click “Careyourpresent” via the main menu bar.
Love your life daily.
You have one less day with your spouse, parents, children and yourself.
Time is ticking away.
For each passing day,
Enjoy and Treasure your Life!
For those who are interested in regular updates of my articles, please join the others to sign up for my free newsletter to has my newest blogposts sent to your mailbox for free!
For real time exclusive updates on market news/life (especially Crypto markets where the news move fast, important news will be shared directly via tweets or telegrams), do also join the platforms below and engage with other like-minded people!
- Telegram Group (Chat with me and other like minded people!)
- Telegram Channel (Get the latest updates on the markets/life!)
- RSS Feed
You may also contact me via [email protected].
If you’re looking referral codes, do check out my referral and ebook page. Give it a try and who knows? You might end up loving these platforms! To be absolutely fair to all the readers, I am definitely using all these companies and they are useful to me! Likely will be useful to you too!
At the same referral and ebook page, you can also download my free ebooks and other free resources.
For quick references to these resources, you can see below.
- Ebooks and other useful resources on enhancing productivity (Investment, Excel, Notion etc). Currently most of it are free at this moment (subject to change).
- WeBull: A powerful brokerage with nice free welcome gift. You can refer to my guide here on how to signup! 4 Simple step only! Click here to register a new account!
- MoneyOwl: You can use this 6SHU-93MC to get free grab vouchers and highly safe liquid cash fund account.
- Trust Bank – You will enjoy free FairPrice E-Voucher referral if you sign up via my referral code KNDBPEPT. Simply download the Trust Bank SG App on the App Store or Google Play Store. Tap on “Use referral code” immediately after you start the app and key in: KNDBPEPT
- FSMOne: P0413007. Good account to keep liquid cash in autosweep and to purchase investment at low fee.
- Hostinger: You can use this link for hosting your new website. 20% off hosting!
- Crypto.com: Use my referral link https://crypto.com/app/h92xdfarkq to sign up for Crypto.com and we both get $25 USD 🙂